These healthy eating quotes will help you improve your diet.
Eating healthy is the best choice to make for your diet. It is vital for good health and can reduce the risk of numerous chronic health conditions. It also helps maintain a healthy weight and gives you more energy to enjoy life.
If you are trying to improve your diet, health experts recommend you try to monitor how much you eat each day, eat a wide variety of foods, base your diet on cereals and whole grains, and increase fruit and vegetable consumption. Also, drink plenty of water and reduce consumption of fat, salt and sugar.
Your thoughts make a big difference, so try to maintain a mindset that inspires healthier eating. If you’re trying to change your eating habits but slip up and mindlessly eat, get back up and keep trying. Remember that change doesn’t happen overnight. The most important thing is to keep going in the right direction.
Why is it important to eat healthy?
To help you make healthy choices in what you eat all the time, below is our collection of healthy eating quotes, healthy eating sayings, and healthy eating proverbs, collected from a variety of sources over the years.
Don’t forget to also check out our compilation of healthy living quotes.
Healthy eating quotes celebrating better food choices
1. “Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a pauper.” – Adelle Davis
2. “Healthy does NOT mean starving yourself EVER. Healthy means eating the right food in the right amount”. – Karen Salmansohn
3. “It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of gold and silver.” – Mahatma Gandhi
4. “If you keep good food in your fridge, you will eat good food.” – Errick McAdams
5. “After dinner rest a while; after supper walk a mile.” – T. Cogan
6. “Eating healthy food fills your body with energy and nutrients. Imagine your cells smiling back at you and saying: “Thank you!”.” – Karen Salmansohn
7. “When diet is wrong, medicine is of no use. When diet is correct, medicine is of no need”. – Ayurvedic Proverb
8. “Love yourself enough to live a healthy lifestyle.” – Jules Robson
9. “The food you eat can be either the safest and most powerful form of medicine or the slowest form of poison.” – Ann Wigmore
10. “Sorry, there´s no magic bullet. You gotta eat healthy and live healthy to be healthy and look healthy. End of story.” ― Morgan Spurlock
Healthy eating quotes to help you improve your diet
11. “The only way to keep your health is to eat what you don’t want, drink what you don’t like, and do what you’d rather not.” – Mark Twain
12. “You don’t have to eat less, you just have to eat right.” – Unknown
13. “A fit body, a calm mind, a house full of love. These things cannot be bought – they must be earned.” – Naval Ravikant
If you’re enjoying this article, be sure to also check out these motivational quotes for weight loss that will inspire you to achieve!
14. “It is exercise alone that supports the spirits and keeps the mind in vigor.” – Marcus Tullius Cicero
15. “Your diet is a bank account. Good food choices are good investments.” – Bethenny Frankel
16. “Those who think they have no time for healthy eating will sooner or later have to find time for illness.” – Edward Stanley
17. “Don’t allow a love problem or work problem to become an eating problem. Stop trying to stuff your feelings down with food.” – Karen Salmansohn
18. “An apple a day keeps the doctor away” – Proverb
19. “In my food world, there is no fear or guilt, only joy and balance. So no ingredient is ever off-limits. Rather, all of the recipes here follow my Usually-Sometimes-Rarely philosophy. Notice there is no Never.” ― Ellie Krieger
20. “Healthy eating is a way of life, so it’s important to establish routines that are simple, realistically, and ultimately livable.” – Horace
Also, read these farming quotes that will make you appreciate the harvest.
Healthy eating quotes that will give you energy to enjoy your life
21. “Eating crappy food isn’t a reward — it’s a punishment.” ― Drew Carey
22. “From the bitterness of disease man learns the sweetness of health.” –Catalan Proverb
23. “The human body is the best picture of the human soul.” – Tony Robbins
24. “Moderation. Small helpings. Sample a little bit of everything. These are the secrets of happiness and good health.” – Julia Child
25. “Any food that requires enhancing by the use of chemical substances should in no way be considered a food.” – John H. Tobe
26. “Healthy citizens are the greatest asset any country can have.” ― Winston Churchill
27. “Take care of yourself, be healthy, and always believe you can be successful in anything you truly want.” – Alessandra Ambrosio
28. “Health requires healthy food.” – Roger Williams
29. “Nobody can be in good health if he does not have all the time fresh air, sunshine and good water.” – Flying Hawk
Don’t forget to also check out these farmer quotes that will make you love the land.
Healthy eating quotes to help you improve your nutrition
31. “Keep healthy veggies at home, so you’ll snack on healthy veggies.” – Karen Salmansohn
32. “Sufficient sleep, exercise, healthy food, friendship, and peace of mind are necessities, not luxuries.” – Mark Halperin
33. “The scientific truth may be put quite briefly; eat moderately, having an ordinary mixed diet, and don’t worry.” – Robert Hutchison
34. “Health is like money, we never have a true idea of its value until we lose it.” – Josh Billings
35. “Let food be thy medicine, thy medicine shall be thy food.” –Hippocrates
36. “The doctor of the future will no longer treat the human frame with drugs, but rather will cure and prevent disease with nutrition.” – Thomas Edison
37. “It’s not enough to eat veggies and do yoga. You also must work on healing the stress and anger in your life.” – Karen Salmansohn
38. “Life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds if green vegetables smelled as good as bacon.” –Doug Larson
39. “What you eat literally becomes you. you have a choice in what you’re made of.” Anonymous
40. “To ensure good health: eat lightly, breathe deeply, live moderately, cultivate cheerfulness, and maintain an interest in life.” –William Londen
You might also like these awesome veganism quotes to inspire your new diet.
Healthy eating quotes to inspire and motivate you
41. “Appreci-eat” your food! Savor the flavor and eat slowly. It takes your body about 20 minutes to realize it’s full. –Karen Salmansohn
42. “Your health is what you make of it. Everything you do and think either adds to the vitality, energy, and spirit you possess or takes away from it.” – Ann Wigmore
43. “Healthy eating isn’t about counting fat grams, dieting, cleanses and antioxidants; it’s about eating food untouched from the way we find it in nature in a balanced way.” – Pooja Mottl
44. “If you don’t take time to take care of your health now, you’re gonna have to make time for feeling sick and tired later.” – Karen Salmansohn
45. “Physical fitness is not only one of the most important keys to a healthy body, it is the basis of dynamic and creative intellectual activity.” – John F. Kennedy
46. “Doctors won’t make you healthy. Nutritionists won’t make you slim. Teachers won’t make you smart. Gurus won’t make you calm. Mentors won’t make you rich. Trainers won’t make you fit. Ultimately, you have to take responsibility. Save yourself.” – Naval Ravikant
47. “Health is a relationship between you and your body” – Terri Guillemets
48. “Water, air and cleanliness are the chief articles in my pharmacopoeia.” – Napoleon
49. “By cleansing your body on a regular basis and eliminating as many toxins as possible from your environment, your body can begin to heal itself, prevent disease, and become stronger and more resilient than you ever dreamed possible!” – Dr. Edward
50. “Time And health are two precious assets that we don’t recognize and appreciate until they have been depleted.” – Denis Waitley
You might also like these Guy Fieri quotes from the host of diners, drive-ins, and dives.
Healthy eating quotes that will make you think before you take a bite
51. “Let thy food be thy medicine and thy medicine be thy food.”— Hippocrates
52. “To avoid sickness eat less; to prolong life worry less.” – Chu Hui Weng
53. “Don’t eat anything your great-grandmother wouldn’t recognize as food.”— Michael Pollan
54. “Cooking is at once child’s play and adult joy. And cooking done with care is an act of love.” – Craig Claiborne
55. “You are what you eat.”— Michael Pollan
56. “The primary reason diseases tend to run in families may be that diets tend to run in families.” – Michael Greger
57. “Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants.”— Michael Pollan
58. “Focus on health, energy, vitality – not weight.” – Karen Salmansohn
59. “One should eat to live, not live to eat” – Benjamin Franklin
60. “Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a pauper.” – Adelle Davis
Healthy eating quotes to live by
61. “Processed foods not only extend the shelf life, but they extend the waistline as well.”— Karen Sessions
62. “If it came from a plant, eat it; if it was made in a plant, don’t.” – Michael Pollan
63. “About eighty percent of the food on shelves of supermarkets today didn’t exist 100 years ago.”― Larry McCleary
64. “By choosing healthy over skinny, you are choosing self-love over self-judgement.” – Steve Maraboli
65. “Your body is a temple, but only if you treat it as one.”― Astrid Alauda
66. “A healthy diet is a solution to many of our health-care problems. It’s the most important solution.” – John Mackey
67. “Tell me what you eat, and I will tell you who you are.” – Brillat-Savarin
68. “Your body is your biggest asset it’s your responsibility to take care of it.” – Odeta Stuikys Rose
69. “Proper nutrition is the difference between feeling exhausted and getting the most out of a workout.” – Summer Sanders, Olympic Swimming Champion
70. “Keeping your body healthy is an expression of gratitude to the whole cosmos – the trees, the clouds, everything.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
If you’re enjoying this article, you might also like these mental health quotes for happiness and success.
Healthy eating quotes for you and your kids
71. “Every girl and dude should be eating healthy food.” – Unknown
72. “He who takes medicine and neglects to diet wastes the skill of his doctors.” – Chinese Proverb
73. “Cake and pie may taste like heaven, but you’ll regret them when you turn 37!” – Unknown
74. “Every time you eat is an opportunity to nourish your body.” – Unknown
75. “Full of energy you will feel, after eating a healthy meal.” – Unknown
76. “Nutrition is the only remedy that can bring full recovery and can be used with any treatment. Remember, food is our best medicine!” – Bernard Jensen
77. “Even in this high-tech age, the low-tech plant continues to be the key to nutrition and health.” – Jack Weatherford
78. “Our bodies are our gardens – our wills are our gardeners.” – William Shakespeare
79. “To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art.“ – La Rochefoucald
80. “By choosing healthy over skinny you are choosing self-love over self-judgement.” – Steve Maraboli
Don’t forget to also check out these empowering breast cancer quotes to raise awareness.
Insightful healthy eating quotes
81. “Healthy cooking is the best preventive medicine.” – Unknown
82. “Tell me what you eat, and I will tell you what you are.” – Jean Anthelme Brillat-Savarin
83. “I choose healthy foods for me, to stay as healthy as can be.” – Unknown
84. “There is nothing unhealthy about educating youngsters about nutrition.” – Pierre Dukan
85. “Eat healthy day and night, to keep your future looking bright.” – Unknown
86. “Eating a high-nutrient diet actually makes you more satisfied with less food, and actually gives the ability to enjoy food more without overeating.” – Joel Fuhrman
87. “A healthy outside starts from the inside.” – Robert Urich
88. “Today, more than 95% of all chronic disease is caused by food choice, toxic food ingredients, nutritional deficiencies and lack of physical exercise.” – Mike Adams
89. “Investing in early childhood nutrition is a surefire strategy. The returns are incredibly high.” – Anne M. Mulcahy
90. “When walking, walk. When eating, eat.” – Rashaski · Zen Proverb
Healthy eating quotes to make you think
91. “One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.” – Virginia Woolf
92. “If only you start eating healthy food, you will be pleasantly surprised how easy it is to lose weight.” – Subodh Gupta
93. “If you maintain a healthy diet, or at least are smart about your food choices, you’ll still see the pounds come off.” – Misty May-Treanor
94. “The second day of a diet is always easier than the first. By the second day you’re off it.” – Jackie Gleason
95. “Healthy people eating healthy food should never need to take an antibiotic.” – Joel Fuhrman
96. “The wise man should consider that health is the greatest of human blessings. Let food be your medicine.” – Hippocrates
97. “My passion is about motivating as many families as possible to learn about vegetables and healthy eating together.” – Jennie Garth
98. “Just like keeping a healthy diet is important to maintaining a healthy lifestyle, eating the right foods is just as important for getting the most out of your workout.” – Marcus Samuelsson
99. “The easiest diet is, you know, eat vegetables, eat fresh food. Just a really sensible healthy diet like you read about all the time.” – Drew Carey
100. “You need a good, healthy diet – it’s about finding out what your body needs. Sugar is a disaster for skin, as is white flour.” – Thandie Newton
Healthy eating quotes from both sides of the debate
101. “Growing up, I never had any psychological association with food, we just ate.” ― Dawn Tucci
102. “Things that you are unlikely to regret: exercise, eating healthily, challenging yourself, making a plan, being kind.” ― Freequill
103. “Some people don’t have real love for bananas; they only eat it because of the wonders they believe it performs.” ― Michael Bassey Johnson, Song of a Nature Lover
104. “Forget about nuclear war; the real weapons of mass destruction are fast food, highly processed carbs, and high-fructose corn syrup!” ― Brian Quebbemann, M.D.
105. “These days, they use so much pesticide that when I feed the children, I have to soak the vegetables for at least two hours.” ― Liu Cixin, The Three-Body Problem
106. “Popcorn, chocolate, coffee, ice cream, and pizza. The five food groups. Health nuts are going to feel stupid one day, dying of nothing.” ― Kelly Moran, Puppy Love
107. “Healthy eating should not preclude the odd cake. But it’s good to be able to wait: if not for a whole year, at least for an hour or two.” ― Bee Wilson, First Bite: How We Learn to Eat
108. “In the very same books that tell us to locate our self-worth not in how we look but in who we are and how we feel—there is a consistent, entrenched fear of fatness.” ― Ruby Tandoh
109. “I believe cooking can be fun, healthy, easy, and tasty! I hope you find some recipes in here that are some nice healthy alternatives and become part of your weekly flow.” ― Angelika Angie Hofmann, Simple Healthy Delights
110. “From the 1980s onward manufacturers of products advertised as uniquely healthy because they were low in fat… not to mention gluten-free, no MSG, and zero grams trans fat per serving, took to replacing those fat calories with sugar to make them equally… palatable and often disguising the sugar under one or more of the fifty plus names, by which the fructose-glucose combination of sugar and high-fructose corn syrup might be found.” — Gary Taubes, The Case Against Sugar
More healthy eating quotes and sayings
111. “I eat egg whites a lot. Aside from that, I eat everything. I try to avoid too much oily food, but I do eat carbs. I have to have a balanced diet.” – Genelia D’Souza
112. “Healthy dieting is without a doubt the foundation of healthy living.” – Ryan Frimmel
113. “I try to eat fruit and veggies and meat and all the different categories and have a well rounded diet.” – Andrew Luck
114. “A healthy diet is no longer a luxury rather a health necessity.” – Ryan Frimmel
115. “I don’t go long without eating. I never starve myself: I grab a healthy snack.” – Vanessa Hudgens
116. “Healthy eating does not mean simply counting calories. It means thinking about both the calories and nutrients in foods.” – Susan R. Gregson
117. “You feel better when you’re eating food that retains nutritional value.” – Amber Heard
118. “Healthy eating also means eating a variety of nutritious foods.” – Susan R. Gregson
119. “A balanced diet can help you to lose weight and will provide you with all of the nutrients that you body needs to stay healthy.” – Minnie Phillips
120. “Healthy eating is you all in one drugstore! You may effectively battle and prevent diseases if you consume healthy foods.” – Eva Blanc
Simple healthy eating quotes
121. “I now feel best when eating a mostly pro-metabolic diet which is a fancy way of saying we’re eating in a way that honors our normal human physiology.” –Dr. Courtney Kahla
122. “The ability for your body to heal is directly correlated to the nutrients you are giving it.” –Fallon Danae
123. “We are entrusted with our children for such a time as this and we are called to steward them well. This is why I take nourishing my children so seriously. Let’s raise our children to be counter-cultural eaters!” –Dr. Ashley Turner
124. “I don’t live in fear or constant worry about toxins. I live with a healthy respect for my body. I want to treat it well.” –Shawna, A Little Less Toxic
125. “After eating a bunch of candy bars, not only may a ripe peach no longer taste as sweet on your tongue but your brain down-regulates dopamine receptors to compensate for the repeated jolts of fat and sugar.” –Dr. Michael Greger
126. “If you focus on replacing refined, processed, and inflammatory ingredients in your diet with nutritious, whole food alternatives, then you will boost your health and wellness.” –Dr. Josh Axe
127. “It’s important to do what’s right for you. Some people who have a healthy diet and exercise regularly will always be a size 14 because that is right for them. It’s about being fit and healthy rather than being a perfect 10.” –Debra Stephenson
128. “All the pre-made sauces in a jar, and frozen and canned vegetables, processed meats, and cheeses which are loaded with artificial ingredients and sodium can get in the way of a healthy diet. My number one advice is to eat fresh, and seasonally.” –Todd English
129. “The foods we choose make a difference.” –Michael Greger
130. “You can do a lot for your diet by eliminating foods that have mascots.“ –Ted Spiker
Healthy eating quotes to share with your kids
130. “We need to encourage our kids to love to eat real food – honest, nutritious, healthy food, Less fast food. Less junk food. And they need to see us eating healthy by example.” -Karen Salmansohn
131. “You don’t have to cook fancy or complicated masterpieces- just good food from fresh ingredients.” -Julia Child
132. “It’s not about eating healthy to lose weight. It’s about eating healthy to feel good.” –Demi Lovato
133. “Your body is your temple. Keep it pure and clean for the soul to reside in.” -B.K.S. Iyengar
134. “When you start eating food without labels, you no longer need to count calories.” -Amanda Kraft
135. “To keep the body in good health is a duty, otherwise we shall not be able to keep our mind strong and clear.” -Buddha
136. “Developing healthy eating habits becomes easier each day.” –Author Unknown
137. “There is no diet that will do what eating healthy does. Skip the diet. Just eat healthy.” -Author Unknown
138. “Health is not about the weight you lose, but about the life you gain.” -Dr. Josh Axe
139. “The simpler I get, the healthier I get.” -Kris Carr
140. Every time you eat or drink you are either feeding disease or fighting it.” -Heather Morgan
Healthy Eating Quotes To Encourage A Healthy Eating Culture
141.. “Exercise is king. Nutrition is queen. Put them together and you’ve got a kingdom.” — Jack LaLanne
142. “Our food should be our medicine, and our medicine should be our food.” — Hippocrates
143. “Eating healthy nutritious food is the simple and the right solution to get rid of excess body weight effortlessly and become slim and healthy forever.” — Subodh Gupta
144. “If we could give every individual the right amount of nourishment and exercise, not too little and not too much, we would have the safest way to health.” — Hippocrates
145. “Most people don’t have a problem going on a diet. The problem is being consistent on their diet.” — Karen Sessions
146. “Water is the most neglected nutrient in your diet, but one of the most vital.” — Julia Child.
147. “Our body doesn’t know how to digest these food-like products resulting in stress and weight gain. Nourish your body with real food, and it will shine for you”.— Jason Fale
148. “Popeye was right about spinach: dark green, leafy vegetables are the world’s healthiest food. As whole foods go, they offer the most nutrition per calorie”.— Michael Greger
149. “The way you eat, the way you think, and the way you behave can influence your life by 30 to 50 years.” — Deepak Chopra
150. “But in a society where it’s normal to die of heart disease, having a “normal” cholesterol level is probably not a good thing.” — Michael Greger
Did these healthy eating quotes inspire you?
Maintaining a healthful diet is one of the best choices to make. Eating healthy provides the necessary nutrients that your body needs, helps prevent future diseases such as diabetes and cancer, ensures you have more energy and much more.
Although many people resolve to improve their diet, only a few actually make it a reality. We hope the quotes above will help you make better choices in what you eat; whether you want to reduce your weight, or because you want to improve your nutritional health.
How did you find these healthy eating quotes? Do you have any other inspirational quotes to add to the list? Let us know in the comment section below.
- “You are what you eat, so don't be fast, cheap, easy, or fake.” – Unknown. ...
- “If you keep good food in your fridge, you will eat good food.” – Errick McAdams. ...
- “By choosing healthy over skinny you are choosing self-love over self-judgement.” – Steve Maraboli.
“To ensure good health: eat lightly, breathe deeply, live moderately, cultivate cheerfulness and maintain an interest in life.” – William Londen, bookseller and bibliographer.
"People who love to eat are always the best people." "To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." "We all eat, an it would be a sad waste of opportunity to eat badly." "If you really want to make a friend, go to someone's house and eat with him...the people who give you their food give you their heart."
- Eat breakfast every day. ...
- Plan healthy meals and eat together as a family. ...
- Buy and serve more fruits and vegetables (fresh, frozen, or canned). ...
- Buy fewer soft drinks and high fat/high calorie snack foods like chips, cookies, and candy.
- Base your meals on higher fibre starchy carbohydrates. ...
- Eat lots of fruit and veg. ...
- Eat more fish, including a portion of oily fish. ...
- Cut down on saturated fat and sugar. ...
- Eat less salt: no more than 6g a day for adults. ...
- Get active and be a healthy weight. ...
- Do not get thirsty. ...
- Do not skip breakfast.
A healthy diet is essential for good health and nutrition. It protects you against many chronic noncommunicable diseases, such as heart disease, diabetes and cancer. Eating a variety of foods and consuming less salt, sugars and saturated and industrially-produced trans-fats, are essential for healthy diet.
Here are some food-related examples:
- Cast bread upon the waters.
- Eat drink and be merry.
- Man does not live by bread alone.
- Manna from Heaven.
- The bread of life.
- The salt of the earth.
- You reap what you sow.
Where there is good food, there is happiness. Let's eat some diet food while we wait for the steak to cook. In the mood for noods. Eat today, live another day.
- Don't go all in. ...
- Practice mindful eating. ...
- A restful night's sleep should be at the top of the priority list. ...
- Turn goals into a priority. ...
- Stay strong. ...
- Schedule just 30 minutes a day of exercise.
Try giving encouragement and gentle reminders to eat, and of what they are eating. Try not to worry about mess - it's more important for the person to eat than to be tidy. Wipe clean mats and covers may help. It's important the person doesn't feel rushed and they are given enough time to eat.
A healthy, well-balanced diet can help us think clearly and feel more alert. It can also improve concentration and attention span. Conversely, an inadequate diet can lead to fatigue, impaired decision-making, and can slow down reaction time.
Healthy food does not have merely one but numerous benefits. It helps us in various spheres of life. Healthy food does not only impact our physical health but mental health too. When we intake healthy fruits and vegetables that are full of nutrients, we reduce the chances of diseases.
- The secret ingredient is always cheese.
- Don't go bacon my heart.
- First, we eat. Then, we do everything else.
- There's no we in fries.
- I like people who love to eat. They're the best kind of people in the world.
- I'm on a seafood diet. I see food, I eat it.
Delicious meals are tasty, appetizing, scrumptious, yummy, luscious, delectable, mouth-watering, fit for a king, delightful, lovely, wonderful, pleasant, enjoyable, appealing, enchanting, charming.