Food and Drinks are a common topic of conversation in English Speaking Countries. It is necessary to know about the different types of food so that you can talk easily. Enlarge your vocabulary base in English by knowing about the Vocabulary Related to Food and Cooking PDF. Practice the Exercises Regarding Food Vocabulary Lists and know how to talk regarding food as a part of your conversations.
Develop Verbal Skills among kids by exploring more Picture Dictionary Ideas through the visual techniques and interactive approaches used.
Food Names: Useful Food Vocabulary in English
- Food Names
- Food Vocabulary Words List
- Food Names with Pictures and Examples
- Food Names: Useful Food Vocabulary | Image
- Types of Food and Drinks
List of Foods from A to Z
- Foods that Start with A
- Foods that Start with B
- Foods that Start with C
- Foods that Start with D
- Foods that Start with E
- Foods that Start with F
- Foods that Start with G
- Foods that Start with H
- Foods that Start with I
- Foods that Start with J
- Food That Starts With K
- Food That Starts With L
- Food that Starts with M
- Food that Starts with N
- Foods that Start with O
- Foods that Start with P
- Foods that Start with Q
- Foods that Start with R
- Foods that Start with S
- Foods that Start with T
- Food that Starts with U
- Foods that Start with V
- Food that Starts with W
- Food that Starts with X
- Food that Starts with Y
- Food That Starts With Z
Food Vocabulary Words List
- Cottage cheese
- Ice cream
- Hot dog
- Roast chicken
- Sour cream
Food Names with Pictures and Examples
Egg is a hard-shelled oval thing from which a young bird is born
Cheese is a food derived from milk that is produced in a wide range of flavours
Cakeis a sweet baked desert made from a mixture of flour, sugar, and other ingredients
Chocolateis a food that is made from cocoa beans and that is eaten as candy
Cookie is a sweet baked food that is usually small, flat, and round
Coconut is a large fruit that has a thick shell with white flesh and liquid inside
Yogurt is a food that is made when bacteria is added to milk and that is often flavoured and chilled
Types of Food Related Vocabulary
In the below modules, you will get various reading materials and know the words, phrases about food and cooking. We have outlined some of the common food taste vocabulary, the condition of food, verbs, and adjectives related to food. Practice these Vocabulary Words for Food and speak confidently whenever you want to talk regarding food.
Taste of Food Vocabulary | Food Adjectives Vocabulary
Have a glance at the Vocabulary for Food Taste and describe the taste of food when you eat. This vocabulary to describe food can be extremely helpful and you need them at some point or the other in your day-to-day lives.
Food Vocabulary on Eating and Drinking
Below are the words or phrases that you often listen to while we talk about eating or drinking. They are outlined below
- Gulp Down
Describing Food Condition Vocabulary
The Words below are used to describe the food condition. Practice the Vocabulary for Food Conditions and use them in your regular talks.
Fast Food Vocabulary
Know different types of Fast Food in English by referring to the quick resource for vocabulary on fast food and they are as follows
- Fish and chips
- Chicken nugget
- Hot dog
- Ice cream
- Fried chicken
- French fries
- Onion ring
Food & Drinks Vocabulary
Learn about the Words or Phrases used to describe the drinks or beverages intended for human consumption by checking below.
- Iced tea
- Hot chocolate
- Tea bag
- Tomato juice
- Green tea
- Chocolate milk
- Hot chocolate
- Fruit juice
- Coconut milk
- Orange juice
We wish the words list on Food Vocabulary has been useful to you. If you feel you have learned the vocabulary related to food then try using our other Vocabulary in English to expand your knowledge base. Bookmark our site to learn about food and plan a meal on your own.
Types of Food and Drinks
Learn types of food & drinks in English with pictures.
- Food names in English.
- Dinner food list with pictures.
- Breakfast food list with images.
- List of fast food names with pictures.
- Types of bread in English.
- List of drinks and beverages.
- Countable & uncountable food list in English.
Food and drinks vocabulary - YouTube
|Beverages / Drinks||soda||tea|
|Grains / Starches||wheat||toast|
|Meat / Fish||beef||salmon|
- Show kids what “eating right” looks like. Explain that they should fill half their plate with fruits and veggies that have nutrients that will help their bodies grow. ...
- Avoid calling foods “good” or “bad.” Kids should learn that all foods have a place in their diet. ...
- Talk about portion size.
School-age children need to eat foods from all five healthy food groups – vegetables, fruit, grain foods, dairy and protein. Healthy foods have nutrients that are important for growth, development and learning. Limit salty, fatty and sugary foods, low-fibre foods, and drinks with caffeine or a lot of sugar.
"Victuals" is the correct word for food and drink; or you can use the old English form of the word "vittles". Drink or beverages alone are sometimes referred to as "libations".
- serendipity. good luck in making unexpected and fortunate discoveries. ...
- keen. intense or sharp. ...
- dubious. fraught with uncertainty or doubt. ...
- susurration. an indistinct sound, as of whispering or rustling. ...
- onomatopoeia. ...
- corpus callosum. ...
- toothsome. ...
- Acidic — sour or sharp in taste.
- Aromatic — having a distinctive smell.
- Astringent — sharp in flavor.
- Bitter — a sharp, sometimes unpleasant flavor.
- Bittersweet — a pleasing mix of bitterness and sweetness.
- Bland — lacking in flavor.
- Brackish — a taste of salty water.
“Food” means substances, whether in liquid, concentrated, solid, frozen, dried, or dehydrated form, that are sold for ingestion or chewing by humans and are consumed for their taste or nutritional value. “Food” does not include alcoholic beverages, dietary supplements, soft drinks, or tobacco.
- #1 Choose Water. Set a goal to drink water instead of sugar-sweetened drinks. ...
- #2 Eat Slowly and Mindfully. It takes about 20 minutes for your brain to send out signals that you are full. ...
- #3 Stick to One Serving. ...
- #4 Eat Fruit and Vegetables. ...
- #5 Swop to Wholegrains.
- Be calm. ...
- Make it the first or second bite, when the kids are hungry. ...
- Don't insist that they eat an entire serving. ...
- Make it a habit. ...
- Let them help… in the garden. ...
- Don't offer substitutions. ...
- Eat new foods and enjoy them yourself.
Food are divided into 7 different groups : drinks, carbs, fruits and vegetables, dairy, meat / fish / eggs, fats and high-sugar foods. Each of these groups provide different nutrients and should be consumed at a different rate.
The number and composition of food groups can vary. Most systems include four basic groups that describe their origin and relative nutritional function: Vegetables and Fruit, Cereals and Bread, Dairy, and Meat.