The Bible is the best source of wisdom, which is why having a list of the 100 best Bible quotes on hand can help you get through anything gracefully—from the darkest of personal storms to the most trying of circumstances with your family or friends.
From uplifting Bible quotes about love and life to religious Bible verses and scriptures, you'll want to read every day, these popular Bible quotes will inspire you to do good. Plus, these deep Bible messages can help you grow into an even better Christian than you are today, too.
So whenever you find yourself in need of direction or guidance, remember that these Bible quotes and verses can help you find your way and remind you that you're never walking alone. Here are the best Bible quotes, including inspirational Bible quotes, Bible quotes about love, short Bible quotes, Bible verses, and quotes from the Bible to find inner peace.
100 Bible Quotes
1. Don't you know that you yourselves are God's temple and that God's Spirit dwells in your midst? 1 Corinthians 3:16
2. "I have the right to do anything," you say – but not everything is beneficial. "I have the right to do anything" – but I will not be mastered by anything. 1 Corinthians 6:12
3. Be careful, however, that the exercise of your rights does not become a stumbling block to the weak. 1 Corinthians 8:9
4. So, if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don't fall! 1 Corinthians 10:12
5. So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31
6. For as woman came from man, so also man is born of woman. But everything comes from God. 1 Corinthians 11:12
7. There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit distributes them. 1 Corinthians 12:4
8. Even so the body is not made up of one part but of many. 1 Corinthians 12:14
9. If I speak in human or angelic tongues, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 1 Corinthians 13:1
10. Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 1 Corinthians 13:4
11. And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. 1 Corinthians 13:13
12. Follow the way of love and eagerly desire spiritual gifts, especially the gift of prophecy. 1 Corinthians 14:1
13. Do not be misled: "Bad company corrupts good character." 1 Corinthians 15:33
14. Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong. 1 Corinthians 16:33
Related: Bible Trivia Questions
15. Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously. 2 Corinthians 9:6
16. There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens Ecclesiastes 3:1
17. A time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance Ecclesiastes 3:4
18. Therefore each of you must put off falsehood and speak truthfully to your neighbor, for we are all members of one body. Ephesians 4:25
19. Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Ephesians 4:29
20. Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. Ephesians 4:31
21. Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them. Ephesians 5:11
22. Be very careful, then, how you live – not as unwise but as wise. Ephesians 5:15
23. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Ephesians 6:12
24. Have you experienced so much in vain – if it really was in vain? Galatians 3:4
25. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness Galatians 5:22
26. We must pay the most careful attention, therefore, to what we have heard, so that we do not drift away. Hebrews 2:1
Related: Religious Christmas Songs
27. And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds Hebrews 10:24
28. Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. Hebrews 11:1
29. "Make level paths for your feet," so that the lame may not be disabled, but rather healed. Hebrews 12:13
30. Keep on loving one another as brothers and sisters. Hebrews 13:1
31. Do not forget to show hospitality to strangers, for by so doing some people have shown hospitality to angels without knowing it. Hebrews 13:2
32. Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter. Isaiah 5:20
33. Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds James 1:2
34. For the sun rises with scorching heat and withers the plant; its blossom falls and its beauty is destroyed. In the same way, the rich will fade away even while they go about their business. James 1:11
35. My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry James 1:19
36. You see that people are justified by what they do and not by faith alone. James 2:24
37. What causes fights and quarrels among you? Don't they come from your desires that battle within you? James 4:1
38. Is anyone among you in trouble? Let them pray. Is anyone happy? Let them sing songs of praise. James 5:13
Related: 125 Christian Baby Names
39. The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. Who can understand it? Jeremiah 17:9
40. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it. John 1:5
41. Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit. John 3:6
42. Stop judging by mere appearances, but instead judge correctly. John 7:24
43. I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep. John 10:11
44. A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. John 13:34
45. My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. John 15:12
46. Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one's life for one's friends. John 15:13
47. Sanctify them by the truth; your word is truth. John 17:17
48. If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. 1 John 1:8
(scroll to keep reading)
49. Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth. 1 John 3:18
50. Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. 1 John 4:8
51. They are from the world and therefore speak from the viewpoint of the world, and the world listens to them. 1 John 4:5
52. There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love. 1 John 4:18
53. Because of the truth, which lives in us and will be with us forever 2 John 1:2
54. I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth. 3 John 1:4
55. Mercy, peace and love be yours in abundance. Jude 1:2
56. Do to others as you would have them do to you. Luke 6:31
Related: 25 Christmas Prayers and Blessings
57. What good is it for you to gain the whole world, yet forfeit your soul? Mark 8:36
58. Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth. Matthew 5:5
59. Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled. Matthew 5:6
60. Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy. Matthew 5:7
61. Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God. Matthew 5:9
62. But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you Matthew 5:44
63. Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. Matthew 6:19
64. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. Matthew 6:21
65. What good will it be for you to gain the whole world, yet forfeit your soul? Or what can you give in exchange for your soul? Matthew 6:26
66. Do not judge, or you too will be judged. Matthew 7:1
67. Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. Matthew 7:7
68. For everyone who asks receives; those who seek find; and to those who knock, the door will be opened. Matthew 7:8
69. Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. Matthew 7:13
70. Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. Matthew 7:15
71. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' Matthew 22:39
72. Finally, all of you, be like-minded, be sympathetic, love one another, be compassionate and humble. 1 Peter 3:8
73. Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. 1 Peter 5:8
74. For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge 2 Peter 1:5
75. And to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness 2 Peter 1:6
76. And to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love. 2 Peter 1:7
77. Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves Philippians 2:3
78. Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it. Proverbs 4:23
79. Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall. Proverbs 16:8
80. A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22
81. Start children off on the way they should go, and even when they are old they will not turn from it. Proverbs 22:6
82. Where there is no revelation, people cast off restraint; but blessed are those who heed wisdom's instruction. Proverbs 29:18
83. Blessed are those who do not walk in step with the wicked or stand in the way that sinners take or sit in the company of mockers Psalms 1:1
84. For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God Romans 3:23
85. What shall we say, then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase? Romans 6:1
Related: 50 Religious Christmas Quotes
86. For sin shall no longer be your master, because you are not under the law, but under grace. Romans 6:14
87. I urge you, brothers and sisters, to watch out for those who cause divisions and put obstacles in your way that are contrary to the teaching you have learned. Keep away from them. Romans 6:17
88. The mind controlled by the sinful nature is death, but the mind controlled by the Spirit is life and peace. Romans 8:6
89. I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us. Romans 8:18
90. Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. Romans 12:9
91. Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves. Romans 12:10
92. Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. Romans 12:12
93. If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. Romans 12:18
94. Accept those whose faith is weak, without quarreling over disputable matters. Romans 14:1
95. So then, let us not be like others, who are asleep, but let us be awake and sober. Thessalonians (1) 5:6
96. Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity. 1 Timothy 4:12
97. For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it. 1 Timothy 6:7
98. For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs. 1 Timothy 6:10
99. Recalling your tears, I long to see you, so that I may be filled with joy. 3 Timothy 1:4
100. Warn divisive people once, and then warn them a second time. After that, have nothing to do with them. Titus 3:10
40 Scriptures on Peace
35 Scriptures on Healing
50 Bible Verses on Faith
125 Christian Baby Names
"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."
6. Romans 15:13. May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. As you continue to place your trust in God, He will continue to fill your heart with joy, peace, and a hope that overflows into the lives of the people around you ...
God's Word is loaded with promises that teach us about having faith in God during hard times. He tells us to not worry, to pray, and He will give us peace like you can't imagine. He tells us that He is there with us, in the trenches. And even after the struggle, He will strengthen and calm us.
Joshua 1:9 Be strong and courageous; do not be frightened or dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go. Deuteronomy 31:6,8 Be strong and bold; have no fear or dread of them, because it is the Lord your God who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not fail you or forsake you.
"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."
- “You're never far from my thoughts.”
- “Know how often I think of you? ...
- “You're on my mind and in my heart.”
- “Keeping you close in my thoughts.”
- “Lifting you up in prayer and hoping you have a better day today.”
- “I can't wait to catch up with you soon.”
Here are a few ways to get that process started and find the strength to mend from within while still acknowledging your feelings as valid and important.
- Stay Present. ...
- Focus on the Little Things. ...
- Outsource Your Strength. ...
- Talk About It. ...
- Set New Goals.
- Explore your spiritual core. By exploring your spiritual core, you are simply asking yourself questions about the person you are and your meaning. ...
- Look for deeper meanings. ...
- Get it out. ...
- Try yoga. ...
- Travel. ...
- Think positively. ...
- Take time to meditate.
- Has Your Spiritual Practice Plateaued? For ages, human beings have longed to know their true nature. ...
- Time to Refresh. ...
- Go on a Retreat. ...
- Be of Service. ...
- Immerse Yourself in Nature. ...
- Start a New Morning Ritual. ...
- Observe a Sabbath. ...
- Read a Spiritual Text.
LET GOD FIGHT YOUR BATTLES - Inspirational & Motivational Video
God loves us, but because of our sinful nature, He allows these things to happen. He knows that by allowing us to experience failure, pain, and struggle, we will grow stronger in our faith and to become closer to Him and moving away from sin.
You have to trust with your entire being that God has your back that he will help you and take care of you. He knows what is best, but to truly embrace what he has planned for you, you have to fully trust. Our trust is not foolish, for our God is both faithful and good. Dig into Scripture.
Nehemiah 8:10 Do not grieve, for the joy of the Lord is your strength. Isaiah 41:10 So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Exodus 15:2 The Lord is my strength and my song; he has given me victory.
"God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him won't perish but will have eternal life." "All have sinned and fall short of God's glory..."
Short Inspiring Bible Verses
Romans 12:12 Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer. Galatians 6:9 And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up. Romans 8:31 If God is for us, who can be against us? John 15:16 You did not choose me but I chose you.
When asked what the greatest commandment is, the Christian New Testament depicts Jesus answering: "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind," before adding: "'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.
- "When you have a dream, you've got to grab it and never let go." ...
- "Nothing is impossible. ...
- "There is nothing impossible to they who will try." ...
- "The bad news is time flies. ...
- "Life has got all those twists and turns. ...
- "Keep your face always toward the sunshine, and shadows will fall behind you."
- Goals. It should be no surprise that goals motivate us and inspire us. ...
- New. Choosing to learn something new every day will give you a reason to grown and change. ...
- Challenge. ...
- Truth. ...
- Determination. ...
- Laughter. ...
- Perseverance. ...
I hope you live a life you're proud of, and if you find you're not, I hope you have the strength to start over again." "Be sure you put your feet in the right place, then stand firm." "Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies." "With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts."
- Give yourself permission to grieve. ...
- Take care of yourself. ...
- Lead the way in letting people know what you need. ...
- Write down what you need (aka the 'notecard method') ...
- Go outdoors. ...
- Read self-help books and listen to podcasts. ...
- Try a feel-good activity. ...
- Seek professional help.
Giving yourself space to feel and heal is important for moving through these emotions.
- Feel it all. ...
- Go at your own pace. ...
- Meditate. ...
- Sleep and/or move mindfully.
Meet or call someone you love
One of the best things to lift your mood is to meet up with your loved ones. Just going out on a coffee date with a friend can make your day 100 times better. You'll laugh and different thoughts will come to your mind.
- Connect with others.
- Stay positive.
- Get physically active.
- Help others.
- Get enough sleep.
- Create joy and satisfaction.
- Eat well.
- Take care of your spirit.
- Do what you love. Wouldn't it be nice to have a career that is aligned with your passion in life? ...
- Surround yourself with supportive people. ...
- Listen to your body. ...
- Connect with something bigger than yourself. ...
- Learn and grow.
A deadening of your spirit, such that you sometimes can't feel joy, experience intimacy or cry appropriate tears numbing inside you. Skin problems, stomach irritations and other stress related symptoms that may be because of the traumatic incidents from your past.
Renew My Mind, Body and Soul HD - YouTube
- Give yourself a timeout. ...
- Improve your self-awareness. ...
- Build a new blueprint. ...
- Reveal your purpose. ...
- Break your patterns. ...
- Examine your limiting beliefs. ...
- Transform your habits. ...
- Surround yourself with good people.
2 Chronicles 15:7 But as for you, be strong and do not give up, for your work will be rewarded. I Corinthians 15:58 Therefore, my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain.
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." "So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."
Psalm 37:23-24 (NIV)
"The LORD makes firm the steps of the one who delights in him; though he may stumble, he will not fall, for the LORD upholds him with his hand."
Psalm 28:7-8 KJV. The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him. The Lord is their strength, and he is the saving strength of his anointed.